Dale Hunt spent part of his Sunday trying to revive a 1987 Pontiac Trans Am with a blown transmission. It was supposed to be a project he shared with his son, Aaron. It turned out to be a memorial.
Aaron Hunt, a Wonder Lake teenager with a magnetic personality and a charming smile, died Friday night, four days after he apparently chased a dangerous high by huffing propane fumes.
His death was a sign of the frightening but often little-known power of inhalants. They are one of the drugs most widely abused by teens, and while they are capable of killing with a single use, many parents aren’t aware of their popularity or danger, experts say.