- Am I getting to enough meetings?
- Do I have plenty of phone numbers?
- Do I make daily calls to others in recovery?
- Do I have a daily routine: reading, meditation, journaling?
- Do I review my day and consider my skillful and unskillful ways?
- Have I determined my bottom lines, worked on the Three Circles or considered my addictive habits with the help of another person?
- Have I examined the behaviors that lead up to acting out in my addiction and made necessary changes?
- Do I have a sponsor?
- Do I meet regularly with my sponsor?
- Am I making regular progress on the Steps?
- Am I enjoying fellowship; having some fun?
- Am I changing for the better, or just marking time?
There is an old Buddhist lesson concerning two monks who were traveling and came to a muddy stream.
Truth is ever-changing. As Voltaire wrote: “Cherish those who seek the truth, but beware of those who find it.
“Childhood is a tricky business. Usually, something goes wrong.”
– Maurice Sendak
“If you will tell me why the fen1
Appears impassible I then
Will tell you why I think that I
Can get across it if I try”
– Marianne Moore
1A bog or marsh
A quotation from a famous author and poet.